Saturday, April 9, 2011

Something About that Beat

There are moments in life that just cry to be lived out loud.  Really loud, as in crank up the radio til the car next door bounces sorta loud.  As a person who is not really a music fanatic, when I do find a song I really like I tend to wear out that particular CD in a short time.  For a while it was Jars of Clay "Little Drummer Boy."  At other times it is a particular Christian song that really gets me motivated in my faith life.  Right now it is Peter Gabriel's "Solsbury Hill".  Honestly, I'm not even sure about what the lyrics say, but the beat....oh, man, the beat just gets me ready for the day.  The blood starts pumpin' and I feel ready to tackle all things mundane!

Just last week Jason came home to find me dancing around the kitchen while planting my spring veggie seeds.  I'm sure the sight was one of a dirt laden lunatic flailing wildly in a stormy sea.  But those seeds got planted, and the laundry got done and I still had energy to cook up a half decent dinner.  Thanks, Peter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment